Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Oracle Card of the Week

Blessings

Now I'm feeling the fluffy-bunny. :D

"The storm has passed, and it is time to enjoy the refreshing beauty of this cycle,..."

Not surprisingly, this card is about counting my blessings.  The book says to..."do so slowly and with genuine gratitude that is expressed up close and personal."

I like go back year after year and re-read my journals, leaving little dated notes to myself. Doing this had taught me that I tend to write more when I'm not happy. 

My journals had become garbage dumps, laundry lists of grievances I held against myself and others. It was so tedious to read through that to get to the gems that were there.  Reading a note that my 17 year old self had left in the margin of 12 year old me's diary and 20-something's me's note to the 17 year old.  Well...it was interesting to me anyway,but I don't know if others would find it so fascinating.

Using my oracle decks as prompts for writing in my non-tarot journal (okay...its 60% tarot related), is one of my favorite things about them.  Not that they're not sometimes predictive. I learned that last week! I'll be able to take pleasure in re-reading what I write about this week. 

Seeing the rainbow on this card immediately brought to mind the XX Judgment card from Dark Grimoire.  Different deck, but still my card for the week.  The next image that popped into my head was of a bunch of pictures we tried to take of a double rainbow that showed up just as the sun was setting. The upper rainbow faded pretty quick, but we kept taking pictures anyway.  The kids were having a blast.  It was the first rainbow our youngest son ever showed a reaction to.

What I'm Reading Now

What I'm Reading Next