Monday, April 4, 2011

Another month – Another Deck

This months deck is Kat Black’s Golden Tarot.  I did a 3 card reading with it yesterday.

I’d like to be able to use my cards to do readings for others not just myself.  It’s hard to find chances to practice.  With the little ones, I don’t get out much and most of the people I know aren’t into tarot readings.  I think its probably better practice with total strangers anyway. 

I like to see other peoples spreads they’ve laid out for themselves without reading their interpretations.  Just the question or situation and the cards.  Then I can read the cards (or lay out the same ones with a different deck) and imagine giving them the reading myself.

Since I like to see others doing it, I’ll start doing it myself.  No need to tell me what you come with, but if you have a blog where you post your readings please let me know so I can follow it. If you want to see the reading follow the link
 

Reading for April 3, 2011

From my journal:

 “I’m in a weird mood today.  It’s overcast outside and very windy.  I love it!  It makes me happy to listen to it blow.  But I’m also feeling bored and compelled to do something – other than the pile of laundry that’s mocking me from the corner of the bedroom.  I’ll get to that later.  I’ve been bingeing on the boys snack foods & I’m trying to kick the habit starting today.  So far I’ve complied, but I wonder if the antsy bored thing is about my compulsion to eat Oreos?  That should be my first reading with the Golden Tarot.”

Here are the cards I pulled. A 3 Card “no-spread” spread.  If you’re using this as a practice you can make up position meanings if it helps.

XIX The Sun – 2 of Cups – 4 of Wands


What I'm Reading Now

What I'm Reading Next